10 November 2015

Touring the 'A Christmas Story' Home

I love Christmas and while I’m all about showing the turkey some respect, for me this is the holiday season which includes Christmas (that’s my story and I’m sticking to it).

Aside from jamming out to Christmas music, watching holiday movies and decorating our home, I love to go and do things that are festive this time of year so when Michael mentioned on Sunday that the ‘A Christmas Story’ house was only two hours away from us in Cleveland and was I interested in an impromptu road trip, I responded…

“Do you even know me?”

So off we went. ‘A Christmas Story’ is one of my all time favorite movies so to have the opportunity to visit the actual home where it was filmed made my Christmas geek’s heart oh so happy. There is the house, a museum filled with items from the movie and a gift shop. The tour of the home is completely interactive, meaning, you get to try on the “Pink Nightmare” bunny costumes, hold the “Major Award,” play with the infamous bee bee gun, put a bar of soup in your mouth if you so desire and so much more.

We had a great time and it was just what we needed to kick-start the holiday festivities and feel the spirit of the season.




 


 

 
 
If you ever have the opportunity to make the trip to Cleveland, OH, I highly recommend you stop for a tour. You will LOVE it and it will definitely fill you with the Christmas spirit to get your holiday season started on the right foot. Or leg, whichever you desire.

How was your weekend?
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment