21 December 2015

Currently in December...



EXCITED FOR: STAR WARS!!! We have tickets to see the movie tomorrow and it can’t get here fast enough. No spoilers, please!  

CELEBRATING: All things Christmas, of course! We are in full Christmas mode around these parts and this time next week, we’ll be on the road headed to Atlanta to be with my family for the big day. If you’re looking for some last minute ideas to celebrate the season, check out my amazing homemade stove top Christmaspotpourri, my Christmas Wassail recipe or my 10 creative ways to give back toothers this Christmas.

ENJOYING: A great glass of Francis Coppola 2013 Black Label Cabernet Sauvignon. We were supposed to go to a Christmas get together on Saturday night and bought the bottle for our guests but about halfway into our drive there, we were told the people we were meeting up with were going home sick SOOOO that wonderful little bottle came back home with us and I’ve been enjoying it ever since. It’s delicious!

PLANNING: Lots of great posts for the blog in 2016, our trip to Atlanta for Christmas and some personal goals and milestones for the New Year. I have a feeling 2016 will be a great year!

LOVING: All the adorable pictures of everyone’s kids during the holidays. Instagram is so much fun to pop in on this time of year. Keep ‘em coming!

EATING: Far too many chocolate covered cherries. These little bites of heaven are my weakness during the holidays, y’all and then I stupidly proceed to get on the scale and have a meltdown because I’m not losing any weight. #truestory 

TAKING IN: Every drop of my blissful, care-free 18 day Christmas vacation. The school I work for is closed from the 23rd to January 4th so I decided to take today and tomorrow off as well and I’m soaking up every lovely second of this break. It also helps that Chickie is in school for part of it so I’m able to get a much needed break. As much as I love to work and be a mom, I admit having some “me time” is a beautiful, beautiful thing.

REMINISCING: Of Christmas celebrations of the past. It’s a bittersweet time. I love having our daughter to celebrate Christmas with but I miss my loved ones who are no longer with us. I’m happy to have so many wonderful memories to look back on and cherish.

LISTENING: To Christmas music. Duh! 

THINKING: Of so many friends who are suffering great loss right now. I know of so many friends who have lost loved ones and children to illness or accident or that are going through some really severe hardships right now and it makes my heart hurt. Please say a prayer for those broken in spirit right now. It will mean more to them than you will ever know.

WANTING: To have my car paid off! I’m so close to accomplishing this that it’s driving me crazy. I can’t wait to put that money towards other bills and savings and be rid of it. The best kind of car is a paid for car!

APPRECIATING: This life I’ve been given. It’s not always glamorous, perfect or what I thought it would be but it’s mine, and I’m thankful. I have health, income, family, a healthy and happy daughter, and all my needs met. Really, what more could one person ask for?


What’s been going on currently in your life?

Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment