01 February 2016

Pregnancy Cravings: What Baby Wants Your ‘Baby’ Gets!


I need your help (and so does The Mister). He’s working on a special book project and asked me if I would survey my readers. Of course, I said yes! Don’t worry – this survey only has one question. If you are pregnant, or ever have been pregnant, we want to know about your cravings. Food that is! We’re keeping this one clean.

What were your basic or strangest food cravings? The stranger the better, really. We all know the cliché about pickles and ice cream, but what were yours? Did you want chalk? Dirt? Ice? I’ve heard about these. Give me any combination of foods you ate together. Remember, the stranger the better. Pickled eggs on rye toast dipped in Nutella? Or was Elvis your inspiration? Peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwiches? My mom craved tuna fish and cottage cheese with my sister, Ashley. She also couldn’t live without Sweet and Sour pork! Maybe you craved pickles and ice cream, but dipped your pickles in peanut butter instead! 

I want to hear about every craving. Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? Snacks? Drinks? What did you make your partner (or yourself) get in the car to go find at 3 a.m. that you simply couldn’t live without? And be specific as possible. It’s fine if you craved tuna fish sandwiches, but what were they like? Did you use a certain bread? A certain mayonnaise? A certain brand or type of tuna? Any spices drive you crazy? Did you add something unusual to your food? Did your cravings change based on the trimester? Think of every meal AND every pregnancy. Each one is different, so I hear. One-and-done here! But you already know that.

Also, just so you don’t feel left out, here is a list of my own pregnancy cravings: Mexican food (hard shell beef tacos), beer (but I didn’t have any), sushi (California rolls), and sweets (strawberry shortcake and hot fudge sundaes).

Thanks for sharing your cravings! Simply comment below. We can’t wait to hear from you.  

Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment