22 April 2016

INSTA-FRIDAY



A sneak peek into a few of our Instagram squares as of late.


Spring Has Sprung.
The weather has finally decided to switch gears to spring here in PA so we’ve been able to enjoy a lot of great time outside. Having a kid who LOVES the outdoors is hell during the winter so now that warmer temps have made an appearance, we’re outside as much as possible. One of Maddy’s favorite things to do is blow bubbles. It’s such a simple pleasure, blowing bubbles. Kids love bubbles. I wish anything in the world made me as happy as Maddy is when she’s outside playing in the suds.




Steel City Comic Con.
If you’ve been following the blog or my Facebook page for any amount of time, you know that I’m a huge Star Wars nerd. This love of mine has fortunately trickled down to Maddy, which is about the best thing since sliced bread. This past weekend was the Steel City Comic Con which gave us an opportunity to celebrate geekiness in all its glory. Truthfully, Maddy didn’t have a great time. She loves watching the movies and playing with her figurines but get her up close and in person with people dressed up in costumes as the characters? Nope, she’s not having it. I mean, acting like a cat trying to climb a tree (ahem, me) to get away from dogs doesn’t like it. Having said this, Michael and I had a great time and I even made some new friends!




When the Kid Whines, Mommy “Whines” Too.
Most nights end up this way: I rush from work to pick up Maddy. I drive through Pittsburgh traffic to get home. I’m rushing around to cook dinner, take care of the pets and all the while, keep the kiddo happy. Nine times out of ten this results in a meltdown of some sort SO wine to the rescue!



Marshall.
For about a month straight, Maddy begged us for the Marshall stuffed animal from Build-A-Bear because what four and a half year old doesn’t need more stuffed animals, right? Now you see why I need the wine. At any rate, around the same time, we started to teach her about money, earning an allowance every week and how mommy and daddy have to work to earn money to pay for things…like more stuffed animals. And wine.

But I digress.

I thought it would be the perfect opportunity for her to put her learning in action and contribute a portion of her allowance towards purchasing Marshall, which she did. When he showed up on our doorstep a couple of days later, she was elated and felt like such a big girl; she had worked and earned her money to help buy him and she was so proud. This picture says it all.



 Freshly Snipped.
I’m horrible about making hair appointments. True story – once, I went a year and a half without getting a haircut or even a trim. It’s just not something I think about on the regular. I would rather get 20 pedicures in a month than spend money on my hair but I’m trying to be better about getting regular trims. On Wednesday, I booked a little me time to do just that and I have to admit, I always feel better leaving the salon after a relaxing shampoo and trim. Plus, amazing blow-outs must be documented.



So, are we friends on IG? If not, holla at ‘cha girl and let’s connect! You can find me at ShirazInMySippyCup.


Have a fabulous weekend! 
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment