25 April 2016

Maddy Monday

When I found out I was pregnant, I knew with all my being that I was having a boy. When Michael and I would go to look at clothing, or bedding or anything baby, I would gravitate towards the boy items. We talked about boy names and I researched everything boy.

Oh boy was I wrong.

When the ultrasound tech told me I was having a girl, my head exploded. I just knew I was supposed to be having a boy, so much so that I asked her to check again. Sure enough, there was no dingle in my daughter’s anatomy. Our baby was indeed all girl and I was floored. My parents raised 3 girls – three. How either of them has any hair left on their heads to this day is beyond me and that’s all I could think of at the time – girls are drama. Girls are crazy chaotic. Girls will turn your life upside down.
Well, almost five years later, our life has indeed been turned upside down. It has definitely been crazy and chaotic. It has been filled with dramatic fits worthy of winning an Oscar. We’ve dealt with our little girl being completely fine one minute and a complete ranting, raving lunatic riding the waves of emotions the next {Hello mood swings!}. We’ve experienced so much in our short amount of time as girl parents…

And I’ve loved every minute of it. 

I try so hard to think back to my time of pregnancy and how I had my hopes set so high on a boy and it’s hard to do because I know with every fiber of my being that this little girl was made for me. The Lord crafted her, molded her and shaped her with His own hands. Every detail on her curious, funny and beautiful face was put there by the hand of the Master. He breathed His life into her and then gave her to me. Without me knowing it at the time, the Lord saved me in every way a person can be saved: with love, grace and the beauty and wonderment of one little girl. 


When the ultrasound tech told me I was having a girl, I had no clue what to expect, but looking back, I wouldn’t change any of it for the world. Because of my daughter, I am better than I was yesterday and for this blessing, I am humbled.
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment