06 April 2016

Mommy Confessions



ONE. Four and a half years after my C-Section and I still have this stupid little “flap” of skin that just hangs over my belly. Most days, my scar reminds me of being the bad ass mother that I am; strong, capable and willing to do what it takes to be a good mother, but other days? Other days, it makes me feel disgusting and I wonder how anyone could ever want to see me naked.

TWO. When Maddy isn’t looking, I bag up for donation or throw away old toys, stuffed animals and randomly collected junk. Very rarely do I ever feel bad about this.

THREE. When I found out my ex-husband was cheating on me, I used his toothbrush to clean the toilets.

FOUR. I read an article online today that said you shouldn’t wash your vagina with soap? Tha fuck? How is it supposed to get clean? Asking for a friend…

FIVE. On our list of DVR shows for Maddy, I purposefully try to get her to watch Peppa Pig. Not because I think its good programming for her (which it is) but because I totally LOVE it.

SIX. I haven’t actually mopped our kitchen floor in about two months. Only spot cleaned. Sometimes life happens and I don’t feel the least bit disgusted or bad about it!

SEVEN. Teaching Maddy to be kind and forgiving is hard sometimes, especially when other kids are just little shits and I want to tell her to drop kick them and keep it moving.

EIGHT. We still have our Christmas tree up and I LOVE it. I give zero fucks what other people think.

Now it’s your turn! What do you have to confess this week?
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment