27 April 2016

Mommy|Daughter Bucket List

Maddy will be turning 5 in three months and every time I think about it, it's like a kick in my gut. Time truly does slip away from us so quickly and it seems like the older I get, the faster the clock starts ticking.

The time I have with my baby girl is precious. It's hard to imagine that in 13 short years, she'll be going out into the world as an adult - all on her own and without me around to constantly protect her. I think about what I was doing 13 years ago and to me, it seems just like yesterday so I know that now, these upcoming years will evaporate right in front of my eyes. It's important that I try to do the best I can at sharing, capturing and making the most of these short years I have with Maddy.

So I'm on it like white on rice. I've put together a working bucket list of things that I want to do with my best girl. There is no age limit and while I'd like to accomplish most of these things before Chickie leaves home, I'd be happy to carry it on throughout our lives. 

Mommy Daughter Bucket List #parenting #motherhood #workingmoms


1. A mommy | Maddy photo shoot. Just me and my fabulous girl.

2. Create a signature family recipe.

3. Teach her how to change a flat tire.

4. Get up early to watch a sunrise.

5. Cuddle under a blanket and watch a sunset.

6. Go to a concert together and totally rock that shit.

7. Have a spa weekend together.

8. Test drive a dream car that we have no intention of buying.

9. Volunteer in the community together.

10. Have a classic black and white movie marathon.

11. Do a cheesy department store makeover.

12. Go to a Broadway play.

13. Bury a time capsule that only we know its location and dig it up years later.

14. Keep a mommy|daughter journal that we write letters in to each other back and forth.

15. Take her to the places where I grew up: high school, college, etc.

16. Achieve an athletic milestone together: marathon, hiking, climb a mountain, etc.

17. Surprise her one morning with a school skip day then enjoy a day together of lunch, going to the movies, and shopping.

18. Enjoy a professional sporting event together.

19. Go with her to help her open her first checking account. Teach her how to keep a checkbook and how to avoid credit cards at all costs. Get her mind financially savvy and strong.

20. Travel abroad.

21. Bake together.

22. Go camping, make s'mores, and tell ghost stories by the campfire.

23. Sleep in until 9 a.m...Just once.

24. Have a water balloon fight.

25. Do a lemonade stand and donate all the money to a charity of M's choice.

26. Host a tea party.

27. Make mud pies and dive on the slip and slide.

28. Run through, and play in, the sprinkler in the front yard.

29. Buy her one great purse and an amazing pair of shoes.

30. Teach her how to cook.

31. Share her initiation day into Kappa Delta. Pin her using my pin from my initiation. Love my little KD legacy!

So how about you? What are some things you want to check off your bucket list with your child?
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

1 comment:

  1. My grandson is turning five. Time flies. My daughter is having hard time adjusting to him going to school.

    ReplyDelete