09 April 2016

Week In Review




Happy weekend, friends!

If you missed any posts from this week well, you’re in luck! I’ve collected them all right here in one place for your reading pleasure. 





MONDAY



I am a mother who struggles with depression. Most days are good. I am one of the very few, fortunate souls who have found a medication that works to fill in the gaps in my mind that otherwise without meds, would leave it imbalanced and incomplete. And while my medication works its magic quietly behind the scenes to keep my brain from turning on me, I know all too well that it will never be a cure for my illness and that at any time, my meds could stop working. It is always a game of Russian roulette. Some days are good, some days are bad. Step up to the plate and spin the wheel. READ MORE…



WEDNESDAY



Four and a half years after my C-Section and I still have this stupid little “flap” of skin that just hangs over my belly. Most days, my scar reminds me of being the bad ass mother that I am; strong, capable and willing to do what it takes to be a good mother, but other days? Other days, it makes me feel disgusting and I wonder how anyone could ever want to see me naked. READ MORE…



THURSDAY



Why do so many parents dislike the idea of having average children? The other day, I was reading through a few posts on a parenting forum where a conversation had sprung from a parent who was completely delirious and devastated that her child doesn’t seem to have a future as a “gifted” child.

First, WTF. Seriously. READ MORE…


If you’re new to Shiraz In My Sippy Cup or even if you’re an old friend, don’t forget to stop by my ‘Best Of’ page to check out my reader favorites for all things parenting, life and the kiddos.

Cheers to the weekend!
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment