09 May 2016

Currently in May...

Happy Monday, friends! As we head into the second week of May, here are a few things that are currently going on in my world…



WATCHING
‘Catastrophe’ on Amazon Prime. Seriously, if you haven’t checked out this series and have Prime, DO IT. You can thank me later. The gist: American Rob gets Irish Sharon pregnant while they hook up for a week in London while Rob is there for a business trip and hilarity ensues. It’s brilliant in every sense of the word: the acting, the writing and it has literally made me LOL so many times I can’t even count. I will say if you’re sensitive to language and life in general, it’s probably not the best show for you otherwise, watch away and enjoy!

READING
Not much of anything really and this makes me sad! We’re getting used to a new routine in the evening with the hopes that Maddy will sleep through the night which translates to a later bedtime for her so by the time we make it through the evening, I’m whooped. I have so many great books just sitting on my nightstand. I’m hoping to pick them up soon.

TIRED OF
Sickness! Our family has been under a cloud of yuck for a while now and I’m OVER IT.

EATING
I’ve recently re-discovered Chobani yogurt. We’re taking this relationship slow because my first experience with Greek yogurt wasn’t so hot but for now, I’m really enjoying the black cherry fruit on the bottom – it’s delish!

PREPARING FOR
Kindergarten! Just saying that feels very surreal. This past week, I printed all of the paperwork needed for Maddy to start kindergarten this fall and it damn near made me cry. In so many ways it feels just like yesterday that she was born and in other ways, it seems like a lifetime that she’s been with me. At any rate, time isn’t slowing down and fall will be here before we know it. Someone pass the tissues!

LOVING
Old Navy’s spring and summer line. I am by no means a summer loving type of gal and if I’m going to have to endure the dreaded boob sweat for a few months, I want to do it in comfort. Having said this, Old Navy’s current lineup is great. The versatility, the cut and styles, the colors and patterns and the prices can’t be beat. I’ve even found some great pieces for Maddy which has been nice because honestly, Old Navy usually isn’t the first place I go to for her clothes. They’ve also had a lot of great sales lately which doesn’t hurt either.

PLANNING
Swim lessons and dance classes for Maddy! Last summer, we tried taking Maddy to the pool a few times and home girl wasn’t having any of it. She is absolutely terrified of the water. Growing up, I spent the majority of my summer days at the pool and have so many great memories of being with my friends and simply enjoying being a child and I want Maddy to have those same memories. I also don’t want her to be afraid of the water, so it’s important that she gains a healthy respect for it now.

FAVORITE CURRENT NAIL COLOR
‘Watermelon’ by Essie. It’s such a fun, vibrant color for spring and it looks great with my skin tone. It’s also Maddy’s current fave, too!

CURRENT MOVIE CRUSH
We rented ‘Joy’ this weekend and it is AH. MAZ.ING. If you are in need of a little inspiration, watch this movie. J-Law rocks it as always and it’s just a great story of loss, perseverance and success.

Current Vacation Crushes
England, Scotland, Brussels and Switzerland. Now all I have to do is win the lottery!


So tell me – what’s currently going on in your world in May? 

Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

1 comment:

  1. I feel you on the school thing!!! My daughter is in Kindergarten now so it is 1st grade next year! I am not ready to put her on a school bus every day!

    ReplyDelete