27 May 2016

Finally Friday! Five Facts to Know About Me

Over the last couple of weeks, I’ve had some new followers join the blog {Welcome!} so I thought it would be fun to share five tid-bits about me. These are some of my favorite posts to read from other bloggers and they’re always fun to put together for you guys, so without further adieu… 

Five Facts to Know About Me. #parenting #motherhood #workingmom

I can’t stand to be around people while they brush and floss their teeth. As a mom, I’ve caught vomit in my hands, mopped up blow-out poop, been sneezed and snotted on and so much more, handling it all just fine but have someone brush their teeth in front of me? EWWWWWW. There’s something about seeing a mouth full of saliva and all that spitting in the sink that just makes me feel grossed out. And don’t even get me started on flossing – I can’t stand to watch someone dig and pick food out of their teeth, not to mention how the person flossing always seems to flick and fling their food and spit all over the bathroom mirror. GROSS.  

I’m a mom who also deals with depression. I’ve touched on this topic from time to time but most people are still surprised to find out that I deal with depression. Luckily for me, I’ve found a decent medication that works for me so most days are manageable and enjoyable but I do have the occasional glitch where it seems like a struggle to simply get out of bed in the morning. It’s a disease I will deal with for the rest of my life.  

I hate, hate, hate raisins. My mother swears up and down that when I was a baby, I would eat raisins by the fistful and that may be true - but now? NOOOOOOO. Disgusting little shriveled up grapes I HATE YOU.  

One of my biggest pet peeves is lack of bathroom etiquette & how people use stalls. It never fails - I walk into a bathroom, there are 20 empty stalls and sure enough, the next person who walks in behind me will pick the one RIGHT NEXT TO ME every freaking time. REALLY?! Out of the 19 stalls left, you had to pick the one right next to me? Leave some space between us! IT’S WEIRD! Also, don’t speak to me while I’m trying to handle my business. 

I’ll be 40 in June and I still have no real idea what I want to be when I grow up. My background is in marketing and communications but most days, I still feel like I’m 7 years old wanting to be a ballerina, a vet, an astronaut or a lawyer. I have a serious case of wanderlust where my career is concerned and I’m desperately in need of a change…I just don’t know what. Seriously, this whole adult thing is for the birds.  

How about you? Tell me something about yourself and let's get to know one another. Have a wonderful weekend, friends!
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment