03 June 2016

Hello Friday!



ONE. Today is the last day I will spend in my 30’s. When I wake up tomorrow, I’ll be 40 and fan-fucking-tabulous. It’s still very surreal to think about 40. When I turned 30, I was married to my ex-husband, owned a home in Roanoke, VA and was child-free. A decade later, I’m a mom, rent a home, have moved four times in six years and have upgraded significantly in the spouse department. A lot has happened to me over the past decade but it’s all brought me to where I am today so I can’t complain. Earlier this week, I talked about the 40 things I’ve learned in 40 years and boy is it all true.


TWO. We had a really great Memorial Day holiday. We started our day with a trip to the park, stopped in to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast, stopped by the hardware store for flowers and potting stuff, planted, napped and relaxed. It was the perfect day off and made it really difficult to go back to work on Tuesday.




THREE. Maddy’s 5th Birthday is coming up around the end of July and I still haven’t decided what kind of theme I want to do. Parent of the year right here, folks. I decided to keep things super easy this year and have her party at an indoor inflatable playground because A. They do all the work for you and B. It’s worth every penny.

Having said this, I’d still like to have some kind of theme for Maddy. What’s hot these days?


FOUR. Today is National Donut Day! Now this is a “holiday” I can get down with. I LOVE donuts. While applying for a job once, the employer asked me while I was taking my drug test if they would find anything suspicious in my sample and I said, “Well, it’s very likely that you will find high trace amounts of donut residue floating around in my system so if that’s “suspicious” then yes.”

She wasn’t amused.

Go get your free donut today! I know I will. #nomnomnom


FIVE. In the current installment of Maddy Says, we find Maddy reminding her mother that she will forever be smarter than her parents because of a roll of candy. I’m telling you guys, I can’t make this shit up. This is from an actual conversation:

Me: "Maddy, you're super smart. Do you know that?" 
Maddy: "Yes mama, I know. I eat candy called Smarties and it makes me really smart."


Well, DUHHHHH on me. *insert all the eye rolls*


Have a wonderful weekend! 
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment