23 June 2016

Three Thoughts on Thursday

Three Thoughts on Thursday. #parenting #blogs #motherhood


ONE. Snapchat. I know it’s all the craze but y’all…I just can’t get into it.  I think what turns me off are all the filters and the crazy shit people do to their faces and what not. More so, I just don’t get it as in, what’s really the point? It reminds me of foursquare – useless. I know, I know. Lots of people love it and truly, to each their own but for me, I’m good. I already have a hard enough time keeping up with IG, Facebook, LinkedIn blah, blah, blah. Maybe it gets to a point where we’re a little too social as a society?


TWO. While we’re on the subject of social media and Facebook… I try so hard to keep my personal Facebook space light, uplifting and fun but lately? Lately it's been damn hard with everything going on in the world. Case in point: On Tuesday, Michael got strip searched at LaGuardia because of his lipomas (benign fatty lumps inside his body) yet, we can't get reasonable gun control legislation passed. Congress has no problem establishing the TSA; a completely ineffective, intrusive government agency that costs tax payers billions annually but heaven forbid they actually approve legislation to help save lives daily. This madness has to stop. To quote Michael, “America, you should now feel safe because my fat deposits have been thoroughly examined and cleared by TSA.” {Insert all the eye rolls}


THREE. On a more positive note to round this out today, I was perusing Jane.com last night and found the most adorable mid pleated dress. When I checked out the seller’s website and saw that they usually sell it for $60 but I could get it on Jane for $20, I was sold. This dress is so simple but so perfect; I can wear it to work or dress it up for special occasions or a date night. I debated between the mint and pink color but in the end, chose pink. I don’t usually purchase clothing online because my body is weird and I have to try things on but for this, I made an exception. I’m super excited to get it.



 What’s on your mind today? 
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment