19 July 2016

Currently in July

Currently happening in July: parenting, cooking, fun, creativity, travel and so much more. Come check out what's going on with us this month!


How is it mid-July already?


CURRENTLY WATCHING

Mad About You reruns. Hands down, this is one of my all-time most favorite shows ever aside from Friends and Mad Men. I recently found a station that plays two episodes every morning so I quickly set my DVR to record and in the evenings, I’m happy as a clam.


CURRENTLY READING

‘How To Be Here: A Guide to Creating a Life Worth Living’ by Rob Bell. It’s an okay book. Would I recommend it to anyone? No. It’s disjointed, elementary and honestly, there’s nothing he’s saying that I haven’t heard a million times over already BUT it will speak to someone who is listening…it’s just not me.


CURRENTLY TIRED OF

Summer. Yes, I know. I’m a freak of nature because I don’t like summertime but I’m okay with that. We’re rounding the corner into fall and soon after, it will be winter and all will be right with the world again. #JustSayNoToBoobSweat


CURRENTLY EATING

Tuna fish. I’ve had a tuna fish craving lately that won’t quit and NO, I’m not pregnant. #OneAndDoneClubForLife


CURRENTLY PREPARING FOR

Maddy’s 5th Birthday party on Saturday! I decided to go easy lazy this year and do an all-inclusive package through one of Pittsburgh’s inside inflatable playgrounds. Actually, I did the math and by the time we organized it ourselves, bought food, the cake, utensils, goody bags, decorations, etc. on our own AND hosted it at our home, it would cost way more in time, aggravation and money than doing it at a facility that will handle all of these details for me so, DUH.

Maddy is so excited she can barely stand it while I’m sitting here crying into my keyboard as I type this wondering where my baby went.


CURRENTLY PLANNING

Kindergarten. School supplies, school clothing, paperwork, yearly vaccines… there is so much to do to get your kid set for official school. And again, I’m crying into my keyboard…


CURRENT VACATION CRUSHES

I 100% blame House Hunters International for this but I would really L O V E to go to Italy. So much history, so much beauty, so much food, so much wine…


CURRENT FAVORITE QUOTE





CURRENT FAVORITE JAMS

When Maddy is in the car with me, it’s usually something from the 80’s: Darryl Hall and John Oats, Journey, Michael Jackson – she loves it all. When she’s not with me, I usually use that time to jam out to Snoop Dog, Guns and Roses, Little John – you know, all the bad stuff.


CURRENTLY LOVING

The very berry hibiscus refresher from Starbucks. Yes, I know I’m behind the times per the usual but, I recently discovered this beverage as a substitute to my chai tea latte and it’s amazing. It’s also perfect for summer, too.



So tell me – what’s currently going on in your world this month? 
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

1 comment:

  1. Great plan for the bday party! We usually do the all inclusive thing too, but this year he asked for something different so now I'm stuck planning haha.

    ReplyDelete