01 July 2016

Hello F R I D A Y!



ONE. Goodbye, Coach. There are no words to describe how sad I was to hear about Pat Summitt’s passing this week. I think in this day and age where sports stars are concerned, the word “legend” gets thrown around carelessly but in Coach Summitt’s case? She was a true legend. The winningest coach in Division 1 basketball men AND women, 100% graduation rate and 1,098 career wins. In Tennessee, she is often known as, “The Wizard of Knoxville” and it’s true. For as much as Knoxville is a football town, people tended to stand a little straighter when she walked by, always recognizing and respecting the presence they were in but aside from all the sports stats and accomplishments, she was just a good person, period. She demanded a lot from her players but expected more from them in their personal lives and as people. She will be missed so much. Thank you, Pat. We love you, Coach.




TWO. Sing Us a Song, You’re the Piano Man. Tonight, Billy Joel is in Pittsburgh at PNC Park and Michael and I have tickets to attend. I’m excited to have a night out and I’ve never seen Billy Joel live so it should be a good time. Having said this, the weather forecast is predicting a 70% chance of thunderstorms so that should be fun. Womp, Womp. Oh well. I guess if you drink enough beers, you don’t really care, right?


THREE. Have you guys heard of a meal delivery service called Blue Apron? I hadn’t until a few weeks ago when a friend mentioned it to me. You can choose the number of days you want meals and customize your food preferences so that only the foods you love are delivered. Not only do they deliver all the ingredients you’ll need for the meals, they include the cooking cards so you know how to cook each meal. All the ingredients are fresh and delivered in a refrigerated package. My friend gave me an online coupon to try the first week for free and our delivery arrives today so I’m looking forward to seeing how it all shakes down.


FOUR. MOOD.




FIVE. If you missed this week’s posts, you can catch them here:

·         Madeline Monday


I hope you all have an amazing holiday weekend! Cheers! 
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment