04 July 2016

J U N E 2016: My Month in Numbers

Happy July 4th! I’ve never done a “My Month in Numbers” post but I read a lot of them and enjoy them so I thought I’d give it a shot and see how this goes. It’s also fun to look back at your month in numbers to see everything you’ve accomplished and the goals you’ve reached, so here is the mixed bag of randomness that was June 2016.

My Month in Numbers. #parenting #blogs #June



5.2
The number of pounds lost in June. My weight loss journey has stalled. It’s so hard to lose weight in the summer months! I attribute June to my birthday and indulging a little more than I should. Michael also planned an amazing Moe’s Southwestern buffet for my 40th birthday bash which meant that I *had* to eat on it for days after. I’m definitely not on track but I’m not going to beat myself up about it either. Life is short, eat all the tacos.


20
The number of days until Maddy turns five. I seriously have no idea how this happened. The parenting feels are real, friends. You’re constantly teetering between being excited to see your child grow up and reach the next milestone and wanting them to stay your baby forever.


50
The number of days left before Maddy starts Kindergarten. I don’t even have any words for this…


2,158
The number of emails I received (between work and personal) in June. This breaks down to around 72 emails per day. Seriously? 72. That’s just crazy.


22
The number of work meetings in June. Considering that there were only 30 days in June, I’ll let you guys do that math on this one. Again, crazy, right?


4
The number of books on my nightstand that aren’t being read. I’m not the person who can only read one book at a time. I usually have a few going on at once but given my number of meetings and emails in June, you can understand why I’ve had zero time to sit down with a good book lately. This seriously needs to change.


6
The number of episodes I’ve watched in the season 6 series finale of Downton Abby. Amazon Prime finally made the final season available so I’ve been trying to squeeze them in where I can.


5
The number of times I visited Target in June. This averages out to be a little more than one visit per week. Considering that Target is so close to my office which makes it very tempting to go, I’m going to consider only five trips a win.


59
The number of days left until it’s football time in Tennessee! This season should be fan-freaking-tabulous and this football loving girl can hardly wait for kickoff.



How did your June shape up? 
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

1 comment:

  1. Love this, such a creative type of post I like the whole numbers thing :) Totally agree with the weight thing, I find it so hard to maintain my weight while on holidays, it's too tempting, there's so much food and drinks and more food! hahaha

    ReplyDelete