27 July 2016

Maddy's Fifth Birthday Party!

I know I say this every birthday, but man! I can’t believe my little girl is a year older. Time is fleeting, you guys. Next month, she will start kindergarten and I have absolutely zero clue as to how that happened. Don’t blink, mamas!



Well, we survived the shenanigans of Maddy’s fifth birthday party weekend. It was a great time but I’ll be honest, I’m one tired mama.


If you remember from this previous post, we decided to have Maddy’s party at an all-inclusive indoor inflatable playground this year. I highly recommend Bounce U if there’s one in your city. The packages are reasonably priced with no hidden costs, they are extremely organized and I literally worried about nothing. All we did was show up, party and leave. No decorations to buy or hang, no mess to clean up, no food to prepare, no home to clean beforehand or get destroyed in the process. #winning


Maddy and her friends had an amazing time. More importantly, they ran and played so hard that the birthday girl slept through the night. Always a huge plus in my book.











Later that evening, it was time for the adults to party, sans the kiddos. My parents offered to watch Maddy while me, Michael and my two sisters hit downtown Pittsburgh. We went to a few different locations but by far the coolest one was the Speakeasy in the basement of the William Penn Hotel. About four years ago, the hotel decided to do some renovations and in the process, found this room that was used as a speakeasy during prohibition days. When they discovered the room, they also discovered some of the original drink and liquor bottles from the era which are now on display in the bar. It’s such a cool little space and when I say it’s little, it’s literally just that. Only 45 people are allowed in at one time.





The rest of the weekend consisted of shopping, lots of food and celebrating our little girl.





I know I say this every birthday, but man! I can’t believe my little girl is a year older. Time is fleeting, you guys. Next month, she will start kindergarten and I have absolutely zero clue as to how that happened. Don’t blink, mamas!

How was your weekend? 
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment