26 August 2016

Blogger Love // Volume 1 //

Whew, has it been a week for us! With Maddy starting kindergarten on Monday and getting used to new routines and schedules, my brain is fried. As I write this, I’m sitting here at my desk clutching my chai tea latte for dear life as it is my current lifeline and wondering where in the world the time has gone. Fortunately, I’ve had the opportunity to read a lot of great posts this week that have kept me inspired and uplifted. I’m always amazed by the diversity and creative minds behind other bloggers and their work so today, I want to share a few posts that have spoken to me this week. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.


I’ve had the opportunity to read a lot of great posts this week that have kept me inspired and uplifted. I’m always amazed by the diversity and creative minds behind other bloggers and their work so today, I want to share a few posts that have spoken to me this week. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.




I recently started reading Erin’s blog on the suggestion of another blogger and really love her blog’s message: minimalism and frugal spending. She caught me off guard this week with her selfie post and I L O V E D it. The message is simple: Share a picture of yourself – the first one you take – with confidence. There is a great infographic she shares in this post that really hits home on how we as women are so hard on ourselves and lengths we will go to to get the “perfect” picture. I know I’m certainly guilty of this so reading her perspective and encouragement was like a breath of fresh air. Stop letting society dictate what is beautiful and simply be you. There is nothing wrong with you.


Behind the Beautiful Squares – Tawnya Nicole Co

Going along the same lines of Instagram, my friend Tawnya Nicole hit this post out of the ballpark. The gist: behind all of the beautiful and perfect squares you see on Instagram, there are real people dealing with real life and real issues. Instead of living our lives the way we really are, we are getting sucked into all of these imaginary lives we live online and the consequences because of it. I know that for Tawnya, she opened up quite a bit herself in this post which was nice to see and the message of her post really spoke to me and made me think about how I’m viewing others and myself.



I found Terryn’s blog through a new Facebook group I joined a while back and from the moment I read her posts, I knew I would love it. She is my organizing spirit animal and she writes the most inspiring and uplifting messages while keeping a nice balance of real. Her message: celebrate simplicity. In this post, she shares 15 ways to simply take a break from the hustle and bustle of life to just be in the present. It’s a really great reminder on how to be intentional with our days and focus on what’s really important. It’s a great read filled with useful and practical tips.



What posts or bloggers have you read lately that inspire you? Have a wonderful weekend!
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

2 comments:

  1. Courtney! You are such a sweetheart! Thank you for your kind words and for sharing! I'm also a huge fan of Erin's blog, but I don't think I have heard of Tawni's? Off to check it out. I love that you are starting the Blogger Love series too, it's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete