10 August 2016

Mommy Confessions: Today I Confess...




Today, I confess…


… That preparing for Maddy to start kindergarten is leaving me in a blubbering mess. I always pictured myself being okay and stoic with her starting school (and I am, I know she’s ready) but when I think about it, I get all the feels. I wasn’t prepared to feel so many different ways about my daughter starting school and it has hit me out of the blue like a ton of bricks.


… That I’ve been so uninspired in the kitchen lately. This is definitely not the norm for me. I love to cook. I don’t know if it’s the summer heat sucking the life out of me or what but I definitely haven’t had my cooking mojo like I normally do. I know this will change when fall comes because, hello, crockpot meals, soups and baking are essentials for the season.


… That I’m not a fan of LuLaRoe clothing. There. I said it.


… That the jury is still out on Instagram Stories. It’s hard to complain or have an opinion about an app that you use for free and have a choice as to how you use it, if at all but sometimes, I think in desperation to keep up with competitors, these companies lose sight as to what made them great to begin with. Let snapchat own switching faces, drawing on pictures and short clip videos. Keep IG for pictures. That seems to be my take on it for the moment.


… That lately, I think about quitting blogging. Quality blogging takes an enormous amount of time, attention and creativity and lately, I haven’t had the time or energy for any of it. I’ve accomplished a lot in my few short years and honestly, is anyone even listening? I don’t know. What I do know is that I yearn for something different. What that looks like, I have no idea.


… That I would pay about a million dollars to the person who could tell me how to get my daughter to sleep through the night and have it actually work. We’re going into year five and still, Maddy doesn’t sleep through the night. Some nights, we wake up two or three times with her or end up letting her sleep in our bed so that everyone can sleep. Actually, let me clarify – poor Michael gets up and goes into Maddy’s room to sleep when she comes to our bed because our little queen bed is just too snug for all three of us now that Maddy is older.

I know I should count my blessings: she’s healthy, she’s alive, blah blah blah (and I do) but let’s be honest – sleep deprivation is real, and for two working parents, it’s exhausting. At her yearly checkup, the doctor told us, “Unfortunately, she could just be a poor sleeper,” and I wanted to punch her in the face. I expected sleep woes when she was a baby. I expected them in the early toddler years. But now? I don’t know… I just assumed that out of all the issues we’d have to deal with as parents, sleep wouldn’t be one of them at this point.


… That I have no idea what washi tape is. Can someone fill me in and what in the world are you supposed to do with it?? I have ZERO clue. Help a sista out.


… That I’m pretty proud of this post.


What do you have to confess this week? 
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

2 comments:

  1. I actually had to google washi tape a few days ago because I had no idea what it was and how to use it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually had to google washi tape a few days ago because I had no idea what it was and how to use it :D

    ReplyDelete