18 August 2016

Three Thoughts on Thursday




… Lately, I’ve felt the increasing need to free myself of our possessions. Yes, we need a sofa to sit on. Of course we need a dining room table to eat meals and duh, we have to sleep in beds but I’m longing for more simplicity. When I look around our home, all I see is a collection of dead weight; items we never use and bulky furniture taking up space. When it comes down to it, I really want to go as minimalistic as possible, I just don’t know where to start. In as much as I want to lighten our load, I’m also scared of getting rid of the wrong things and needing said items down the road. Have you ever done a mass clean out? What suggestions or tips do you have?


... As of today, we are two weeks away from it being football time in Tennessee! I’m so giddy I can barely stand myself. My love of football and all things Tennessee runs deep so all will be right with the world when football season returns. Is it just me or does anyone else get hyped up about the return of football? L O V E.


… I’m going to retract my original feelings on IG stories. Last week, I talked about how I wasn’t a fan however since then, I’ve used it a few times (and will have to use it for work, too) and I’ve come to really enjoy it. A picture is definitely worth a thousand words but it’s interesting to get what feels like a sneak peek into other’s lives and to share the same in return. It’s just fun, plain and simple, and couldn’t we all use a little bit more fun and happy in our lives? I think so.



What’s on your mind today? 
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment