26 September 2016

Currently in September...



CURRENTLY WATCHING

So much good TV! The premier of ‘This Is Us’ happened last week and in a nutshell, I was hooked. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that this show can deliver on all the hype that’s been billed for it. Another show I’ve really loved is ‘Better Late Than Never.’ Picture this: George Forman, Terry Bradshaw, Henry Winker and William Shatner travel Asia together and basically are a hot freaking mess. You guys, when I say that this show made me cry because I was laughing so hard, I mean it. It’s absolute hilarity. The season finale was last week but I read somewhere online that they plan to air re-runs so if you’re able, watch them. You can thank me later.


CURRENTLY READING

Nada. No, that’s not the name of the book. That would be me not reading anything for about two months now. I really do love books and need to be better about scheduling some page time.


CURRENTLY TIRED OF

Whiny women in Facebook groups. #sorrynotsorry. Here’s some honest talk to digest with your coffee this Monday morning: No one forces you to sign up for a voluntary blog group. If you don’t like the results you’re getting, leave. It’s really that simple, but to constantly gripe, whine and make it miserable for everyone else to be in said group? Girl, ain’t nobody got time for that.


CURRENTLY EATING

Less meat. In an effort to switch up my meals and attempted lifestyle changes, I’ve taken to eating more fruits and veggies and less meat. I’ve always loved veggies and they are so versatile in cooking that it makes it easy for me to make the switch. Don’t get me wrong, though. I’ll still totally enjoy a tasty steak from time to time. That’s a love affair that will never die.


CURRENTLY PREPARING FOR

Our first Rosh Hashanah dinner in October! I’m super excited for this. Michael is Jewish and although he’s not a practicing Jew, it’s still important to us both that Maddy knows her roots. One of the doctors in my office is Jewish and in talking it over with her, she offered for us to join her family for Rosh Hashanah dinner in October. Aside from Maddy, I’m super excited to learn more about the Jewish faith. I hope that moving forward, we can incorporate more Jewish traditions in our own home.


CURRENTLY PLANNING

Lots and lots of great fall activities! Pumpkin farms, corn mazes, hayrides, pumpkin carvings, Halloween, all of it. BRING. IT. ON. This Halloween should be pretty interesting. Maddy decided a few months ago that she wants our family to dress up as the PJ Masks for Halloween; she will be Owlet, I’m Gecko and daddy is Cat Boy. It’s easy to find a kid’s Owlet costume but grown up Gecko and Cat Boy? Not so much. This should be pretty interesting!


CURRENT VACATION CRUSHES

I 100% blame House Hunters International for this but I would really L O V E to go to Italy. So much history, so much beauty, so much food, so much wine…


CURRENT FAVORITE QUOTE






CURRENT FAVORITE JAMS

Lately, I’ve really enjoyed delving back into my alternative music; My Morning Jacket, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, STP, Foo Fighters and Green Day have all been on repeat. It’s also interesting to see which bands Maddy likes as well. She definitely has a love of music like her father and I so I’m always excited to introduce her to new bands and watch her reaction. She loves to ask, “Mama, can we listen to that flow song?” meaning, Evenflow. What’s even more surreal is that I was in high school when that song came out and now I have a kid who likes it as well. Too crazy.


CURRENTLY LOVING

My Vols! This weekend, my boys pulled out the biggest and most amazing comeback win over our rival, Florida and it was nothing short of freaking fantastic. If you’re a Florida fan reading this well, um, #sorrynotsorry. This win was 11 painful years overdue and man did they deliver in the end. This team has so much heart, determination and character which truly exemplifies the Tennessee spirit. I love them. I simply L O V E my boys!


So tell me – what’s currently going on in your world this month? 
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

13 comments:

  1. Aw I'm so excited for you to do Rosh Hashanah! We never do anything big for and usually save the big meal for Passover Seder, but that's so sweet you were invited! I bet you guys will have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really looking forward to it. I've hung out with this family before and just attended Dr. Ashley's wedding (which was Jewish) and these people are just so nice and outgoing. I can't wait to talk to them to learn more!

      Delete
  2. Such a fun update. I'm currently not reading a book either. I need to fix that. Eating lots of salads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been eating a ton of salads as well although I'll admit I'm growing weary of them. They're just so easy and affordable though. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. currently overwhelmed from trying to run a business and launch a product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do it! Keep pressing forward and good luck! That's super exciting.

      Delete
  4. I LOL'ed about the whiny women in FB groups - ha! One thing that makes me crazy is if I'm on a thread and life/work/stuff gets INSANE and I don't get to all my comments/engagement in time. Sometimes administrators call me & others out and get VERY feisty: "if you don't complete all 4 tasks you will be removed from the group." CHILL IT WAS ONE TIME!!

    also - I've been TERRIBLE with reading lately. Just awful.

    www.allisonarnone.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, yesssss! I mean, hello! None of us are curing cancer with these blogs and I'm pretty certain most of us have other more important responsibilities during the day that take priority, like kids, jobs, etc. Like, chill. Seriously. I'll get it done.

      Delete
  5. And I'll take the meat you don't want. Give me meat and carbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh girl, carbs are SO HARD for me to resist. Cutting back on them and saying "no thanks" is difficult.

      Delete
  6. This was such a fun post! I keep hearing about the show "This is Us", but your description made me tell my hubby it's our next show. I also love the term "vacation crush". Yes, Italy and for me, some place to see the leaves change colors since I live in a desert. I went to a pumpkin patch yesterday and nearly passed out from heat exhaustion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's something so wrong about it being hot while visiting a pumpkin patch. It has to feel like fall or it's a sham! Haha! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  7. I just did a currently in september post, too. I love reading these!!! Oh my goodness, I meant to watch this is us! Now that I read this I need to get on it... asap. I love this quote too. And I am a freak for fall and planning all of these amazing fall activities currently too! *thegoodthingscomin.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete