04 November 2016

My Month in Numbers :: October 2016



600
The amount of money I spent in one week to fix my car. Car troubles have to be the absolute WORST. To add insult to injury, I paid my car off in June. It’s a 2010 Nissan Rogue and has always been a reliable, trouble-free car… until now. Isn’t that the way it always goes? Pay off your car, celebrate having no car payment and then BAM. All of a sudden shit starts breaking everywhere and money goes flying out the window. Case in point – just yesterday while getting my car inspection and emissions test done, I found out I have to shell out around another $2,000 for repairs. God, I love adulting.


4
The number of pounds lost in October. It’s certainly better than nothing but not great either. I feel like when I lost my original 40 pounds, I mentally stopped my weight-loss journey. I can’t even tell you why. I think it’s because I pushed and went at it hard for so long that I just…stopped. Honestly, I got to the point where I was tired of thinking about everything I put into my mouth and the constant thought process that goes along with diet and lifestyle changes. What am I going to eat today? How will this affect my weight-loss goals? Am I getting enough exercise? The constant questions and mental/emotional feelings are draining. I needed a break, and that’s okay. Maybe I needed time to regroup and collect my focus again, who knows? What I do know is that this battle with my weight and working to keep the weight off is going to be a life-long relationship. Some days will be good, other days will be bad. In the end, it will be okay.


3,258
The total number of emails I received in October between work and my personal account. This breaks down to 105 emails a day. Y’all. That’s just not okay. I mean, really??


30
The number of nights Maddy slept through the night. If you’ve been following me for a while, you know that Michael and I basically haven’t slept in five years due to sleep issues with Maddy. Having said this, ever since she started Kindergarten, we’ve seen a huge change in her sleep for the better. She only woke up in the middle of the night once in October and I’LL. TAKE. IT.


90
The number of minutes we spent trick or treating. Maddy wanted to hit all. the. houses. We tried to skip a few here and there but home girl wasn’t having any of it. If a porch light was on, she was right there holding out her bucket.


24
The number of homemade chocolate chip cookies we made last month. This may be a contributing factor as to why I only lost 4 pounds last month. I regret nothing.


500
The number of photos I cleaned off my phone.


30
The number of work meetings I had in October. Again, ya’ll. This is not okay.


60
The number of House Hunters International and House Hunters episodes watched in October. It’s safe to say I’m slightly addicted.


Uncountable
The number of glasses of wine consumed in October. Cheers, y’all!



How did your October shape up?
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment