30 December 2016

My Best Posts of 2016

Most of all, I’ve been able to connect with so many wonderful mothers through my writing. That has to be the best part of this whole blog gig, you know? There is truly no better feeling than receiving an email or comment on a post that touched someone or made them feel validated in their own feelings. I think many times, we sit alone as mothers and women in our own feelings thinking that we’re the only ones who feel a certain way. When we read other’s perspectives or feelings on parenting and motherhood that ring or touch our hearts, it makes us feel a little less alone and a little more united. Validated. I know I’ve felt this many times in reading other’s posts so it means so much that I’m able to do the same for someone else.     So, without further ado, here are my top five blog posts of 2016. Thank you again for your continued support of my wine-induced, sleep-deprived shenanigans. I look forward to sharing with you in 2017!



It’s hard to imagine that another year has come and gone but sure enough, here we are at the end of 2016. If I’m being honest, I won’t be sad to see 2016 in my rearview mirror. My year started off pretty crappy from the start in January and was honestly ho-hum for the remainder of the year. I’m ready for a fresh start and new beginnings. Having said this, I’m healthy, my child is healthy and our needs are met so really, what more could I ask for?


Though things may not have gone the way I wanted personally, I must say that my blog has done very well this year. My readership and numbers continue to grow so thank you for putting up with me. Seriously – this blog wouldn’t be what it is if it wasn’t for you guys so THANK YOU! This year, I made debuts on Scary Mommy and Red Tricycle and continued my writing on The Huffington Post. I met so many new, amazing women through blogging that have inspired me both professionally and personally, and even had a pin go viral from my Pinterest page.


Most of all, I’ve been able to connect with so many wonderful mothers through my writing. That has to be the best part of this whole blog gig, you know? There is truly no better feeling than receiving an email or comment on a post that touched someone or made them feel validated in their own feelings. I think many times, we sit alone as mothers and women in our own feelings thinking that we’re the only ones who feel a certain way. When we read other’s perspectives or feelings on parenting and motherhood that ring or touch our hearts, it makes us feel a little less alone and a little more united. Validated. I know I’ve felt this many times in reading other’s posts so it means so much that I’m able to do the same for someone else.


So, without further ado, here are my top five blog posts of 2016. Thank you again for your continued support of my wine-induced, sleep-deprived shenanigans. I look forward to sharing with you in 2017!




As we were watching the movie, Maddy began to get restless. At first, she started to roll around. Then rolling around turned into a little light playing around then before I knew it, she started jumping and just like that, she fell off the bed. Our bed is a four-poster queen size bed that sits high off the ground. When I say my daughter fell off the bed, she literally took a dive and when she did, she landed on her wrist which broke. I was hysterical with fear coupled with an immense amount of heartbreak. How could this have happened and so quickly? I was right there. I was watching her. I had my full attention on my child yet, she still got injured.

I am Matt and Melissa Graves.”






“When did we decide that the only way our children can have a great life is if they are above average? Whatever happened to actually appreciating average? To respecting our children’s abilities and to help them flourish as much as possible within said abilities? Maybe my daughter will cure cancer. Maybe she will discover the next solar system. Maybe she’ll be the leader of a great nation, movement or discover the next life-changing invention, thought or idea. Maybe she’ll win a Noble Peace Prize or an Oscar. Maybe she’ll be a Governor, or a world-famous musician or a famous artist. Maybe she’ll be the next big clothing designer with all the celebrities clamoring for her pieces.

Or maybe she won’t.”









If you have children then you know how having kids changes life so I'm not going to waste time explaining how my Sunday ritual of resetting my life got put on the back burner. What I will take time to say is that since that happened, I've been able to tell a HUGE difference in the way my life operates without it and it's no bueno.  Lately, my soul has been craving order and organization so I decided to bring back the Sunday ritual of resetting my life to prepare for a smooth week ahead. I'm hoping this little change brings more balance and frees up more time in other areas for my life. 

So, without further ado, here are the top seven things I do on Sunday to prepare myself and my family for a fresh start with the upcoming week.










You could spend a fortune on your fall décor but why? There are so many simple, inexpensive and natural ways to bring the comfort and beauty of fall into your home. With the season fast approaching, I thought I’d take some time today to share some of the ways I’ve decorated for fall through the years. Spoiler alert: the dollar tree is your best friend!














“Maybe you’re someone who has this organization thing down to a science. Your pantry is all neat and organized with Ikea storage containers and you have pretty little Pinterest chalkboard labels for everything. Your clothes are neatly folded and arranged in your closet and everything is sorted and placed according to color and season. 

Great.

But what about your everyday organization? How do you go about your day with an organized schedule and to-do list? Here are my tips on helping to organize the everyday crazy as a working mom.”



Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment