26 January 2017

Three Thoughts on Thursday

… I’m so over JORD sponsorship posts. It’s great that so many bloggers have had the opportunity to work with this brand but if I’m being honest, it’s overkill. You’re probably thinking right now, “Well, you’re talking about it so they made you take notice” and yes, they did however – not in a good way. There is such a thing as negative marketing and oversaturation because I can tell you with 100% confidence: I will never buy a JORD watch.


I’m so over JORD sponsorship posts. It’s great that so many bloggers have had the opportunity to work with this brand but if I’m being honest, it’s overkill. You’re probably thinking right now, “Well, you’re talking about it so they made you take notice” and yes, they did however – not in a good way. There is such a thing as negative marketing and oversaturation because I can tell you with 100% confidence: I will never buy a JORD watch.


Over the past week, I’ve lost 44 “friends,” followers and acquaintances across my personal social media channels. Most of them peaced out on Saturday while I was posting from the Women’s March in Pittsburgh. I’ll admit that there used to be a time when this would have bothered me. I would have spent useless amounts of time trying to reconcile and compartmentalize why someone wouldn’t want to associate with me. But now? Now I COULD CARE LESS. I’m finally at an age in my life where I’m comfortable in my own skin and make no apologies for who I am. And, why should I?! Quality over quantity. That’s where you’ll find your tribe.


Why do parents insist on sharing pictures of their kid’s nasty, bloody, hole-filled mouths after losing teeth? Call me crazy but I’ve never once looked at one of these pictures and thought, “How adorable!” Quite the opposite, actually and they seem to be multiplying like BeBe’s kids on Facebook and IG these days. Little Johnny loses a tooth. Mommy grabs the camera and snaps a few shots of Johnny’s mouth including the bare socket where said tooth once sat and immediately posts to social media. Am I crazy to think this is a little much and a whole lot nasty? By all means, celebrate the milestones but I don’t need to see that. No one does.

What’s on your mind this week? 

Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment