05 July 2017

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Cuteness

Back to life, back to reality!

How was your July 4th holiday? I must say, ours was very, very low key and I loved every boring minute of it. The most we did yesterday was go to the grocery store where little miss suckered me into buying her a cake pop while I tried selling my kidney on the black market to pay for our groceries. I mean, really. Why is food so damn expensive?! It’s one of the most abundant resources on the planet yet, it costs a fortune to acquire.  And people wonder why it’s easier and cheaper to feed a family by rolling through McDonalds vs. paying two million dollars for a bundle of organic lettuce. Okay, okay – rant over. Back to the topic at hand, other than our trip to the store, we napped, watched TV, ate, and wore festive little hats for the holiday.

Speaking of festive little hats, I managed to shake off my laziness for about an hour and pull out the DSLR (gasp!) to capture some shots of our shenanigans and I realized two things yesterday: 1. Dogs wearing tiny little hats will never not be cute, and 2. My daughter HATES having her picture taken. I mean, I’m literally bribing her with more cake pops just to get a few snapshots. I’m starting to think this is her mode of operation; she acts like she hates it and in return, gets more cake pops. I think I just realized one more thing…

My daughter is totally playing me. Totally.

It’s a good thing she’s cute.










How was your 4th of July? 
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment