13 May 2016

What Working Moms Really Think About at Work. {A True Story}

What Working Moms Really Think About at Work. #WorkingMoms #Parenting #Motherhood


On most days, being a mom is like using a blender: dump everything in, turn it on and watch it all go whirling around. It’s safe to say that my mind pretty much looks the same way while at work: a chaotic collection of random and completely messy thoughts, ideas and opinions. 

When you’re a working mom outside the home, your brain is never turned off. You are rarely, if ever, able to focus and have tunnel vision on any one thought, idea or task. It’s a constant and endless cycle of meshing your two worlds together – work and home. Often times, I find myself thinking of the most random and useless things so join me today as I share with you a very small glimpse into the mind of a working mom and what I’m really thinking about while at work:

“If I keep nodding my head, maybe he’ll think I’m really interested in what he has to say. That’s right…I give a total crap…”



“Did I turn off the straight iron before leaving?”

“I wonder if I should be concerned that Chickie seems to be better at math at 4 than I am at 39.”

“I’ll read just one more blog then it’s back to work!”

“I really hope I can hold this fart until this meeting is done.”

“But seriously, it’s 4:45. You’ve had all day to bother me and you come to me now with your list of demands that need to be done before 5?”

“I’m going to need to eat a Weight Watchers meal for lunch. I need to save all my calories for six glasses of wine tonight.”

“Wait a minute. Hell’s Kitchen premieres tonight?”

“THE WHEELS ON THE BUS GO ‘ROUND AND ‘ROUND!”

“Why the fuck won’t this pen write? Twenty pens and none of them work!”

“I honestly can’t remember…did I put on deodorant?”

“When was the last time I changed the litter in the litter box?”

“Is 10 AM too early for lunch?”



“Just one more personality, who were you in a past life, which Grease character are you, what’s your cat name test.”

“I wonder what deals are on jane.com today.”

“Not wearing undies today was a bad, bad choice.”

“Who the fuck exploded their spaghetti in the microwave again?”

“Why was Chickie wearing purple socks with a blue outfit today?”

“Alrighty. It’s 9 AM. Let’s troll Pinterest for dinner ideas!”

“Projects with unrealistic deadlines? Check. Grumpy boss? Check. Annoying coworkers? Check. Total fucks given? Zero. Check, check and double check.”

“Don’t make eye contact, don’t make eye contact, don’t make eye contact…”

“How have I possibly racked up 30 more emails in 10 minutes?”

“So, if I go another few months without dusting, I wonder if that can pass for Halloween decorations?”



What are some thoughts that race through your mind as a working mom (or mom) each day?
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup
Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup

Courtney is a published author, mom, taco enthusiast, and a Star Wars and Tennessee Volunteers fanatic. She's never met a piece of sushi she didn’t like and enjoys an amazing glass of wine and a great cut of meat. You can read more of her wine-induced, sleep-deprived adventures on The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment